Our Hydropedology courses for 2021 are nearly finalized
please subscribe below if you are interested in attending.
Course 1- Information sharing session (Hydropedology as part of the EIA process)
Course 2- The principles of Hydropedology
Course 3- Conducting a Hydropedology assessment
Subscribe to our Hydropedology seminar
Subscribe to our mailing list to be the first to know when the next course will be.
More details regarding the Course:
This is to inform decision-makers, EAP’s managing projects (with hydropedological components), government officials and policymakers about the role of hydropedology in the EIA process.
A theoretical background to the science of hydropedology with the following topics:
- The interactive relationship between soil and hydrology
- Hydrology and soil genesis
- Soil properties as indicator of hydrological processes
- Hydropedology of soil types
- Upscaling from the plot to the hillslope scale
- Hydropedological classification of hillslope
Conducting a hydropedological assessment
Some topics covered:
- Legacy soil data
- identification of dominant hillslopes
- Description of morphology
- Hydropedological grouping of soils
- Conceptualizing hillslope hydropedological behavior
- Classification of hillslope classes